I’m a little confused over here.
I just ate the most delicious baked oatmeal for breakfast, which happens to be the same baked oatmeal that my boyfriend scoped ice cream over last night and ate as dessert.
So, is it breakfast or dessert?
Guess a recipe that can be enjoyed morning and night (or anytime of day, for that matter) is double the deliciousness!
Baked Chocolate Chip & Berry Oatmeal
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heaping raspberries
- 1/2 cup heaping blueberries
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 cups soy milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted & cooled
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 small ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 and spray inside of a large baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, flaxseed meal, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt. Gently fold in the berries and chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, whisk together the soy milk, egg, butter, and vanilla.
- Add the oat mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with banana slices, then pour milk mixture over everything.
- Gently shake the baking dish to help milk mixture go through oats.
- Bake 35 – 40 mins until the top is golden brown and the milk mixture has set.